Web & Mobile Development
Customized Web & Mobile Development
How It Works
1. Discovery Phase
– Requirement gathering (via Calls, Chat & Emails or In-person)
- Understanding your goal & vision
– Analysis of requirements collected
- Discussion with our analyst for detailed understanding (if required)
– Document project specifications (if required)
– We will suggest a suitable team and approximate timeline required to achieve the task or project
2. Getting Started
– Meet our web & mobile developers
– One-on-one interview sessions for assessing capabilities of each resource
– Signing of Contract / Agreement
- Make initial payment
- Get started!
3. Getting to Work
– Formal Introduction
– Set up communication channels
– Set up time tracking tools where resources will log their tasks & hours spent behind each one
– Set up project mgmt. tools (if required)
– Set up code repositories
– Set up development environment & testing environment (as per project needs)
– Assign tasks Monitor progress daily / weekly (as required)
– Give feedback / changes
– Do UAT (User acceptance testing)
- Project Completed
Mobile App & Web Application Costs
Often clients ask us to provide them with a ball-park cost to develop an app, so they can decide on a budget or approach investors to raise money for the app project
Web Application Planning
1. Discovery and Planning
This phase is very important, most people may have a “Web Application Project", with a general idea, but may need to put more importance in the business marketing and project specification detail and discovery.
Five Areas of Discovery:
- Your Business Direction and Goal Discovery
- Branding and Marketing Discovery
- Your Business Method and Process Specification Discovery
- Functional Specification Discovery
- Technical Selection Discovery
Your Business Direction and Goal Discovery in any Web Application Project will require knowledge and experinece in the area of e-business and marketing.
Branding and Marketing Discovery in any Web Application Project will require knowledge and experinece in the areas of branding, marketing, SEO, SEM and web technology.
Your Business Method and Process Specification Discovery in any Web Application Project will require knowledge and experience in the areas of e-business, user experience (UX) and web technology.
Functionality Specification Discovery in any Web Application Project will require knowledge and experience in the areas of web technology, user experience, design, and development.
Technical Selection Discovery in any Web Application Project will require knowledge and experience in the areas of web development, hosting and server technology.
Business Direction and Goal Discovery
Business Direction and Goal Discovery entails brainstorming and making decisions on the business goals, finances and direction. For example, how the business will make a profit, how it would secure finances and any business plans and direction.
Branding and Marketing Discovery
Branding and Marketing Discovery entails research and discovery of the market landscape and demand for the products or services that are offerred by the website.
This step may also include defining the site’s products or services or making changes to the project roadmap or strategy to in order to reach the goal and success for the website or the business.
For example, identifying the audience or clients and selecting a design theme that best suits the audience.
Business Specification Discovery
Business Specification Discovery entails brainstorming and making decisions about the business behaivors as they relate to the web application.
For example, if the Web Application is a paid subscription type website, selecting a process type, such as one of the examples below would be necessary:
a. Free 30 days trial offer with collecting credit card information at sign up
b. Free 30 days trial offer without collecting credit card information at sign up
c. No free trial offer – start the subscription at the signup
Functionality Specification Discovery
Functionality Specification Discovery entails brainstorming, learning and making decisions on the feature details, functionalities, user interaction flows, priority and flow of navigational system, interface elements and content, usability and required user experience items as they relate to the project, etc..
For example, if the Web Application is a paid subscription type website, and the sign up process requires several pages of questionnaires, how-to-organize, categorize, prioritize and present the questionnaires.
Technical Selection Discovery
Technical Selection Discovery would entail selecting the development platform and framework, server or cloud hosting, SSL, Trust Marks, Security Software and many other technical side of a project.
For example, selecting PHP MVC as the platform of choice, LAMP managed hosting, Trustwave SSL, Trustwave PCI Compliance Scan, etc..